You should not use the sauna if you have any known medical condition that is exacerbated by dehydration, overheating, or electrolyte depletion; or are currently on any medication that affects blood circulation.
You should avoid sauna use completely in the case of:
- Severe aortic stenosis
- Recent myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Unstable angina pectoris
- Lupus erythematosus, if you are on steroids
- Brain tumors
Avoid sauna use completely unless under the care of a doctor with expertise in sauna detoxification in the case of:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Silicone implants
Check with your doctor in the case of:
- Your specific medical condition
- Pacemakers (check with doctor and manufacturer)
- Pins, rods and other implants, such as cochlear implants
- Diabetes (due to potentital impact on blood sugar)
If you any medical concerns about using sauna, always consult your doctor – particularly, a doctor experienced with sauna therapy – before using one.